Author: Alisa Yin / Category: Review / Published: May-27-2020
The Geekvape Aegis Max Kit is the latest in a line of waterproof, shockproof, and dustproof Aegis mods. It is a new, miniature version of the original GeekVape Aegis kit but has an impressive maximum output of 100W with the new AS chipset. The Aegis Max has a similar exterior design to other Aegis devices, with a leather-wrap grip and front-facing display, which is extremely hard wearing and fairly comfortable. It offers in a single 21700/18650 form this time and features the very popular Zeus sub-ohm tank.
Geekvape have introduced several versions of the Aegis, which are nearly indestructible. It looks nearly identical to the Aegis Solo but has the ability to have a larger battery capacity with 21700 instead of a 18650. Leaving the comparison aside, how does the Aegis Max stand out from other single battery mods on the market? Read the review to find out!
Price: £ 59.99 (at NewVaping)
Colors: Black Space, Grey Pearl, Black Tungsten, Red Phoenix, White Storm
Geekvape Aegis Max Kit Specifications
Geekvape AEGIS MAX 100W Mod:
- Dimensions - 93 x 46.3 x 34mm
- Single High Amp 21700 / 18650 Battery - Not Included
- Wattage Output Range: 1-100W
- Resistance Range: 0.05-3.0ohm
- Temperature Range: 100°-315°C / 200°-600°F
- Power Mode
- VPC Mode
- TC Mode
- TCR Mode
- Bypass Mode
- Zinc-Aluminium Alloy Chassis Construction
- Shock, Dust, and Water Proofing
- Intuitive Firing Button
- OLED Display Screen
- Two Adjustment Buttons
- 10s Cut-Off Protection
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Over-Charging & Discharging Protection
- Over-Heat Protection
- Over-Current Protection
- Anti-Dry Protection
- 510 Connection
- MicroUSB Port
Geek Vape Zeus Sub-Ohm Tank:
- 26mm Diameter
- 5mL Juice Capacity
- 3.5mL Replacment Glass Capacity
- Silica Glass Reinforcement
- 304 Stainless Steel Tank Construction
- Child Safe Locking Drip Tip
- Threaded Top Fill System - Dual Fill Ports
- Top to Bottom Airflow Control System
- Geek Vape ZEUS MeshZ Replacement Coil Series
- 0.4ohm Mesh Z1 Coil - rated 60-70W
- 0.2ohm Mesh Z2 Coil - rated 70-80W
- Plug 'n' Play Coil Installation
- Threaded Bottom Coil Base Section
- 810 Drip Tip
- Threaded 510 Connection
Geekvape Aegis Max Kit Package Contents
- 1 x Geekvape Aegis Max Mod
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x User manual
- 1 x Spare parts pack
- 1 x 18650 battery adapter
- 1 x Battery door assist tool
- 1 x Zeus Tank ( Pre-installed: Z2 Coil 0.2Ω, 70~80W, 5ml )
- 1 x Coil tool
- 1 x Spare glass tube ( 3.5ml )
- 1 x Z1 Coil 0.4Ω, 60~70W
Build Quality and Design of Geekvape Aegis Max Kit
I was pleased to see that Geekvape Aegis Max has kept the same style, design, and top-notch build quality as its predecessors. The Aegis Max stands at 93mm x 46.3mm x 34mm, which is a bit larger than the Aegis solo due to the 21700 compatibility. It is a small and lightweight mod that fits nicely in my hand. The black rubberized finish and a metal band go around a small leather-like grip that feels solid and comfortable to hold. The Geekvape is engraved on one side of the mod and Aegis on the other side. The zinc-aluminum alloy chassis is very firm and protects the internal AS chipset. The LSI silicone seal protects the circuitry from water and allows for submerging up to 1 meter up to 30min. I could tell that this mod was going to be able to withstand some heavy abuse, scratches, or scuffs.
From top to bottom everything is very well built with no rattling. The stainless steel spring-loaded 510 connector is large enough to hold up to a 26mm Tank/RTA/RDA without overhang. I had no gaps with any of the atomizers. They all sat flush on the top of the mod. The battery door at the bottom has a small handle on it that is stiff and firm. You need to unscrew it using either your fingers. The positive is on the top and the battery fits nicely and snugly even with a 18650 battery. The rubber ring on the battery cap, above the threading, ensures waterproofing.
The Geekvape Aegis Max also features the three-button control configuration and a bright screen facing forward. The diamond-shaped fire button is clicky and comfortable to use with either your thumb or your index finger. The adjustment buttons are responsive and well-calibrated. I haven’t had it fire accidentally in my pocket. The screen made of plastic scratches quite easily. It had a couple of deep scratches after two days of usage. Fortunately, you have the option to adjust the brightness, making the screen easy to read in all conditions. The USB port sits on the side of the mod and is covered by a rubber plug for waterproofing.
Functions and Features of the GeekVape Aegis Max
The GeekVape Aegis Max uses the new AS chipset which they say will provide maximum performance and consistent user experience. The AS chip allows for less than 0.02s fast firing time, over-heat protection, reliable voltage, and resistance adjustment. The Aegis Max has Wattage Mode, Bypass Mode, Temperature Control, TCR, and VPC. The screen displays your vaping information like mode, battery life, resistance, amperage, and puff counter. The functioning of the menu is great. There were no issues scrolling through the various options. The buttons are responsive with no drag or lag.
Driven by a single 21700 battery, the Aegis Max can fire up to 100W. You can also install a 18650 battery using the battery adaptor included in the kit. The Aegis Max will do from 200-600°F in Temperature Control Mode and supports for SS, NI200, and Ti material. VPC mode allows you to configure a wattage curve with up to 5 different wattages. It works perfectly whether you prefer a harder hit or weaker draw. No complaints from me! I really like it!
Quick Guide of GeekVape Aegis Max Mod:
Regards to the menu and functions, the Aegis Max operates in the same way as the original Aegis, the Solo, the Legend, and the Mini.
- 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on or turn off the device
- Press the Up or Down button to adjust the wattage. Long press for quick adjustment
- 3 clicks of the fire button to enter the menu. Use adjustment buttons to scroll through different modes
- Press the Up and Down buttons at the same time to lock or unlock the screen
GeekVape Zeus Sub-Ohm Tank
The Geekvape Aegis Max is paired with the Zeus Sub Ohm Tank and comes with two coils - a 0.4ohm and a 0.2ohm Kanthal Mesh coils. It is a good all-rounder for both performance and build quality. The coils seat well. All the tolerances and threads are excellent. There were no sharp edges or burrs to be seen anywhere.
The Geekvape Zeus Sub Ohm Tank is made of stainless steel and comes with a Pyrex glass tube. The top cap twists off to reveal the two large filling ports. The top airflow ring is removable for easy cleaning. The coils can be easily changed, just give it a pull. The low-profile drip tip is removable that fits your lip comfortably.
The airflow is great and does enhance the flavor, which is generally as near to a rebuildable tank. There is no leaking throughout my testing. It did a great job no matter which of the provided coils you use. This is a sub-ohm tank so you need to use it with a high VG e-liquid.
How to Fill the Geekvape Zeus Sub-Ohm Tank:
- Twist off the top cap anti-clockwise about a quarter of a turn to remove it
- You will see two sizeable filling slots. Just add your desired e-liquid
- The trough running around the top will catch the spillage from filling if you spill a little vape juice
- Put back the top cap in position. Match it up and twist a quarter of a turn clockwise
How to Replace Coils in the Geekvape Zeus Sub-Ohm Tank:
- Unscrew the bottom of the tank
- Remove the expiry coil with your fingers. You can also use the coil removal tool included in the kit
- Insert a new coil from the bottom. You should line up the bottom of the coil with the bayonet fitting and press firmly
- Screw the bottom of the tank
Geekvape Mesh Coils and Performance:
The GeekVape Aegis Max Kit comes with two mesh coils for sub-ohm vaping.
- MeshZ1 0.4ohm KA1: Best at 60 - 70W
- MeshZ2 0.2ohm KA2: Best at 70W - 80W (pre-installed)
Both of the coils are excellent performers. I never had a dry hit from either of the coils thanks to the large wicking ports. The airflow is very smooth. The flavor from both coils is top-notch, the vapor production is huge. I preferred the Z2 coil over the Z1 because of the slight increase in flavor.
GeekVape Aegis Max Kit Review
The GeekVape Aegis Max is a high-performance vaping device. It is rugged, indestructible, and comfortable to hold like all the other Aegis devices. You’re not going to break or damage this mod with normal use. The single battery design gives it a lightweight, portable feel. The classic control panel is easy to operate. It houses a 21700 battery or a 18650 battery with an adaptor. The new AS chipset allows for up to 100W output, various modes, and safety features.
Paired with the very popular Zeus Sub Ohm Tank, the Aegis Max is exactly a great performer from looks, design, to flavor. The Aegis Max Kit comes in 5 different colors and the design accents like the leather backing and tightly-sealed exterior are all well-done and beautifully crafted. What are your thoughts on the GeekVape Aegis Max? Let me know by leaving a comment!
Pros and Cons of Geekvape Aegis Max Kit:
- From the well-known Aegis line
- IP67 waterproof, IP67 dustproof, shockproof
- Solid and strong build quality
- Leather grip, comfortable to hold
- Powered by a single 21700 battery
- Comes with a battery adaptor for 18650 battery
- Paired with Zeus sub-ohm tank
- Comes with two mesh coils
- Performs well in both flavor and vapor production
- Longer battery life with 21700 battery
- Fast firing speed
- Easy to operate
- More compact and portable
- Large juice capacity
- Two large filling slots with the trough to prevent spillage
- Type-C USB charging port
- The top cap is too tight, hard to remove (at least the one I received)