Author: Alisa Yin / Category: Review / Published: Feb-14-2020
The Vaporesso GEN Mod is the latest dual-18650 mod that capable of firing up to 220W. Vaporesso has consistently released solid and reliable hardware that’s easy to use and offers the best vaping experience. It is compatible with SKRR-S Tank pre-installed with the 0.2ohm QF meshed coil to give you the intense flavor and maximum cloud. Without exception, the Vaporesso GEN is one of the best mods on the market, which brings you powerful functions, super economy, and simplicity. The brand new AXON chipset taking a huge step offers you various features to meet your vaping needs.
The Vaporesso GEN Mod is basically rectangular with sleek and rounded-off edges that feel soft and comfortable in your hands. The soft-touch casing provides a rubber-like feel for a smooth touch. It is beautifully designed and comes with multiple color options. There is already a lot of hype about the Vaporesso Gen Mod. Read the review and find out if it is really worth to buy!
Vaporesso GEN Mod Specifications
- Product Size: 93.5 x 27 x 53mm
- Output Wattage: 5-220W
- Battery: 2 x 18650 (not supplied)
- Modes: Pulse, TC, CC, VV, VW, Bypass, Eco, Smart TC
- Resistance Range: 0.03 – 5ohm
- Chipset: Axon
- Display: 0.91in OLED
Vaporesso GEN Mod Package Contents
- 1 x Vaporesso GEN mod
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x User manual
- 1 x Warranty card
Build Quality and Design of Vaporesso GEN Mod
The Vaporesso Gen Mod is a well-designed mod, which features an appropriate size and perfect shape. The Mod measures in at 93.5 x 27 x 53mm and weigh only 107 grams, which is lightweight and easy to carry anywhere. The rounded-off edges with the soft touch, rubberized coating make it extremely ergonomic and comfortable to grip without slipping out.
The branding ‘Vaporess’ is in the middle of a side and the small ‘V’ icon is on the bottom center. The centered 510 connection can hold up to 26 mm atomizer without overhang, making your tanks perfectly positioned when installing on top of it. The button placement on the GEN Mod is great, which is intuitive and clicky. The 0.91-inch small screen in black and white is out of date but displays the readouts clearly such as battery life, coil resistance, puff timer, and modes.
The battery door of the Vaporesso GEN Mod is well made, which stays firm and fixed without movement or rattle. The spring-loaded contacts easily load in your batteries and the ribbon attached to the plastic tray helps to remove the batteries easily. The little notch on the bottom helps you to remove the battery cap.
Vaporesso GEN Mod
The Vaporesso GEN Mod has pretty much every mode out there and then some. It is packed with a ton of features and modes. There are the following modes that you will get with the GEN Mod - Pulse Mode, Power Eco, Smart TC, a Variable Wattage Mode, which you can choose the standard mode for power (normal, hard and soft preheats), Temperature Control mode (SS, Ni200, Ti, and one memory slot), Variable Voltage, Custom Wattage Curves, Bypass, and Super Player mode. There is also the Smart and Auto modes in the settings. The standard TCR system is fully adjustable. The Pulse mode and Smart TC are great additions, allowing you to change the settings for a slightly improved performance in power and TC modes. The fast charging feature is awesome. The Eco Mode allows you to use the GEN Mod for a long time even when the batteries are almost drained, which is a very cool function. Let’s get more information about these functions below.
- The Pulse Mode is supposed to pulse the wattage for intenser flavor and denser vapor. It makes the wattage go down then up every time you vape.
- The Power Eco Mode is used to help save battery. When your battery life is around 40%, the GEN Mod will ask that if you want to enter into the Power Eco Mode. This mode will help you to save power when the battery is low.
- The Super Player Mode is designed for low ohm builders out there. This mode allows you to install super-low builds or the Mod will not fire on other modes.
- The Smart TC Mode will automatically detect your coil resistance and adjust to the optimal TC mode.
Operation of Vaporesso GEN Mod:
- Press the fire button five times to turn on or turn off the mod
- Press the fire button 3 times to lock the wattage
- Press the middle adjustment button 3 times to enter the menu
- You will find the Regular Modes from the DIY menu (Variable Wattage, TC, Bypass)
Vaporesso GEN Mod Review
The Vaporesso GEN Mod is a versatile mod with excellent design and top-notch performance. It offers a ton of modes. It is very easy to handle. Powered by dual 18650 batteries, the GEN Mod offers you the maximum power output of 220W, which is great to use with RDAs and all vape tanks. The advanced AXON chipset provides many good features that are useful and powerful. The Temperature Control mode is also excellent. The Eco Mode is useful, which will give you 60 additional minutes when your battery drains. Overall, the Vaporesso GEN Mod is an excellent mod, which serves up pretty hefty value for money.
Pros and Cons of Vaporesso GEN Mod:
- Great build quality
- Rubber layer for soft touch and comfortable hand feel
- Use with 26mm atomizers without overhang
- Battery cap is easy to open and ribbon helps to remove batteries
- High wattage with good power performance
- Voltage and Watt Curve modes
- Excellent Temperature Control performance
- 2A fast charging
- Comes with a ton of useful modes
- Eco Mode saves battery life
- Screen display is small in black and white, which is out of date
- 510 connector is a little bit loose