Author: Alisa Yin / Category: Review / Published: Jan-06-2020
The VOOPOO VINCI X combines the portability of a pod system and the versatility of the mod kit. The VINCI X is a special one in the VINCI league, as it is not driven by an internal battery, but working with a single 18650 battery. The VOOPOO VINCI X is capable of firing up to 70W while its previous versions were only up to 40W. The VOOPOO VINCI X pod kit is bigger than VINCI and VINCI R due to the 18650 battery. The large TFT screen allows you to adjust the wattage and view the important vaping data.
Price: ￡26.99 (at NewVaping)
Colors: Aurora, dazzling green, space grey, carbon fiber, scarlet, ink, teal blue
VOOPOO VINCI X Kit Specs
- Dimensions: 117 mm x 29 mm x 25 mm
- Weight: 175 grams
- Mod material: Zinc alloy
- Output: 5 - 70 watts
- Output voltage: 3.2 - 4.2 volts
- Resistance: 0.1 - 3.0 ohms
- Battery: single 18650
- Pod capacity: 2 ml
- Pod material: PCTG
VOOPOO VINCI X Kit Content
- 1 x VOOPOO VINCI X Mod
- 1 x VINCI Refillable Pod (5ml for standard, 2ml for TPD)
- 1 x 0.3ohm PnP-VM1 Mesh Coil
- 1 x 0.6ohm PnP-VM4 Mesh Coil
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x Warranty Card
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Chip Card
Build Quality and Design of VOOPOO VINCI X
The dimension of VOOPOO VINCI X is 117 mm x 29 mm x 25 mm, which is slightly bigger than the VINCI and VINCI R. The VINCI X is more apparent on the height than the previous VINCI and VINCI R as they both measured 104 x 25.3 x 25.3mm. The sturdy zinc alloy appearance with the extra heft from 18650 battery gives you a decent touch.
The VOOPOO VINCI X TPD edition features a 2ml plastic pods, which is no different to the VINCI and VINCI R Pods. They measure the same and fit the same. The cutouts at their sides provide two airflow options. The mouthpiece featuring the duck-billed ergonomic shape allows for a proper opening for the vaper to access your lungs.
The VOOPOO VINCI X Mod Kit holds nicely in the hand and its not too heavy even with the 18650 battery. The sturdy zinc alloy material with the honey comb patterns on the side provides you the nonslip hand feel and the gorgeous appearance.
VOOPOO VINCI X Pods and Coils
1. VOOPOO VINCI X Pod Cartridge
The pod cartridge of the VOOPOO VINCI X Kit has not been changed. The dimension of the battery mod has been enlarged, but the dimension of the place where you install a pod remains the same.
The 2ml maximum e-juice capacity (TPD Edition) can satisfy your all-day vaping. The 4 magnets on the pod connect strongly with the VINCI X Mod.
The airflow of the VOOPOO VINCI X Kit is adjustable. You can check the cutouts at the side of the pod, then easily rotate the pod 180-degree to switch from loser airflow to tighter airflow. Both 2 airflow options are restricted DL, but they are just fine for the coils that are available, one for a loose DTL hit, one for a restrictive DTL hit.
How to Fill the VINCI X Pod
- Remove the pod from the mod of the VOOPOO VINCI X
- Peel back the silicon plug of the filling port
- Hold your pod horizontally and fill with your favorite e-liquid
- Close the silicon plug tightly
- Fit the Pod back onto the device.
2. VOOPOO VINCI X Coil
The VOOPOO VINCI X Pod Mod Kit is compatible with all PnP series coils by VOOPOO.
The VOOPOO VINCI X Kit comes with two coils in the box:
- The PnP-VM1 mesh coil (0.3 ohm) rated for 32-40 watts, best for regular e-liquid
- The PnP-VM4 mesh coil (0.6 ohm) rated for 20-28 watts, best for nicotine salt
Both the included coils are made for DL vaping. You can consider the 0.3-ohm coil similar to a restricted sub ohm coil, and the 0.6-ohm coil a bit more powerful than the regular MTL coil.
The 0.3ohm mesh coil is probably the one you want if you prefer extra airflow and warmer vapor.
The coil life isn’t well, but it still better than your average AIO coil. It gives you a slightly intense flavor, cloudy vapor production and the draw is a little bit warmer.
VOOPOO chose to replace the regular 0.8ohm coil that came with the original VINCI with the PnP-VM4 0.6-ohm mesh coil. The 0.6ohm mesh coil renders it obsolete in almost every way. The flavor is almost the same, but the performance is better.
Price: £10.99 (5PCS at NewVaping )
Coil Replacement of the VOOPOO VINCI X Kit:
The VOOPOO VINCI X Pod Kit comes with the well-known PnP coils, you can easily replace the coil by plugging in and out. Without leaking issues, the coil stays well in the pod.
- Simply remove the pod cartridge, and pull out your old coil.
- Install in your new coil, wait for 15 - 20 minutes to allow the coils to fully saturate in e-liquid.
- You can prime the initial wicking by drawing the e-juice into the cotton (place your fingers over the air holes, inhale as if vaping when your VINCI X powered off).
VOOPOO VINCI X Battery and Display
The VOOPOO VINCI X 70W Pod Kit is powered by a single 18650 battery(sold separately) for higher power and longer-lasting. You just need to unscrew the threaded battery cap at the bottom of the Mod and insert a fully charged 18650 battery. You don’t need to worry about recharging the VINCI X if you have a spare 18650 battery. The battery life of VOOPOO VINCI X depends on your vaping habits.
The VINCI X will ask you to set the time to calculate your puffers per day and show the data for the last 2 weeks. But the setting will be reset if you charge the battery externally.
User Guide of VOOPOO VINCI X Kit:
Keep pressing the firing button to start the VOOPOO VINCI, then you will see a Home screen. The VINCI X will recognize the coil you used and automatically set the wattage. The menu on a colorful side screen is well laid out, and pretty straightforward.
Follow the below steps to operate your VINCI X:
- 5 clicks on the firing button to turn on/off the VINCI X
- Press the + or – button to adjust the wattage
- Pressing + and – together to enter the PUFF interface.
- Pressing firing button and – together resets the daily puff number.
- Pressing firing button and + together to lock the VINCI X
- Pressing all 3 buttons at the same time enters the clock interface
Warm Prompt: The VINCI X goes to sleep if left unused for a while, and you will need to press the firing button to wake it up.
VOOPOO VINCI X Review
From the performance, the VOOPOO VINCI X is recommended. The 0.3ohm mesh coils provide the intense flavor and huge vapor production; the 0.6ohm mesh coils well balances the performance and power consumption. Both the coils included in the box will not allow you to use the 70W of power, but you can enjoy more battery life. In other words, the VINCI X delivers everything the original VINCI and VINCI R did, but with the extra battery life and size. The VINCI X is still a portable device and is ideal for those who prefer DTL vaping without having to own a big mod.
While the VINCI X is larger and heavier than your average AIO devices. The silicone filling port plug is weak and easy to break.
Pros and Cons of VOOPOO VINCI X:
- Study zinc alloy with the faux texture effect
- Ergonomic mouthpiece shape
- Hold more e-juice (5.5ml for standard edition, 2ml for TPD edition)
- 4 solid magnets on the pod cartridge for easy install
- Bright screen with easy to read layout
- Smooth threading on battery cap for easy operation
- Two airflow options for looser and tighter DL vaping
- GENE chip for instant firing and 2-week usage record
- Recognize the coil and set wattage automatically
- External 18650 battery for longer battery life
- Compatible with all VOOPOO PnP series coils
- 0.3-ohm coil for pure flavor and cloudy capor
- 0.6-ohm coil is flavorful and great for low to mid-strength nic salts
- Heavier and larger than regular AIO device
- The silicone filling port plug is easy to break
- goes to sleep if left unused for a while
- A bit of leaking of the pod
- The time setting will reset when you remove the battery
- The compatible PnP coils cannot work over 40W
- Only button activated
VOOPOO VINCI X VS SMOK RPM40
The two pod systems are incredibly similar from the design and build. They produce a noticeable vape experience. However, if I had to pick between the two, I will go with the VOOPOO VINCI X. We list their similarities and differences for your reference.
Similarities Between VOOPOO VINCI X and SMOK RPM40
- The portable design with the sleek cube shape
- The durable and sturdy zinc alloy and PCTG construction
- Detachable pod cartridge with replaceable coils
- Side filling design for easy refill
- Fire button with adjustment buttons
- Fire button & adjustment buttons (up/down)
- 0.96-inch colorful screen shows the vaping data
Difference Between VOOPOO VINCI X and SMOK RPM40
- You can view the e-juice level without pulling out the pod on VOOPOO VINCI X. Can not do it on SMOK RPM40
- You can adjust the working mode on VOOPOO VINCI (Manual and Auto). Can not do it on SMOK RPM40
- The SMOK RPM40 is compatible with RPM/Nord coil heads; VOOPOO VINCI is compatible with PnP coil series
- The VOOPOO VINCI X is powered by single 18650 battery; The SMOK RPM40 is powered by built-in 1500mAh battery
- The VINCI X is larger and heavier than RPM40
- The VINCI X can fire up to 70W; the SMOK RPM40 can fire up to 40W
The VOOPOO VINCI X is the portable device that provides you the well vaping performance. The sturdy cube design with a textured pattern fits comfortable in your hand. The single 18650 battery ensures longer battery life. The PnP series coil heads by VOOPOO satisfy your different vaping needs. The TFT display shows the vaping data and records your vaping habits. If you are a DTL vaper, the VOOPOO VINCI X Mod Pod Kit will be your favorite.