Author: Alisa Yin / Category: Review / Published: July-07-2020
The GeekVape Aegis Boost Plus is the latest AIO from well-known manufacturer Geekvape. It is the second pod mod after the very popular GeekVape Boost in the indestructible Aegis line. Powered by the updated AS chipset, it provides power mode, temperature control, and Bypass. And same as the rest of the Aegis devices, the Plus is shockproof and comes with IP67 certification for dust and water-resistance. Driven by a single 18650 battery, the Boost Plus remains a maximum wattage of 40 watts, but the battery life has been improved greatly due to an external battery. The pods hold 5.5ml of e-liquid and take the new G.Coil Boost Formula - a 0.4ohm mesh coil and a 0.6ohm mesh coil.
Geekvape started by making some of the best mods and sub-ohm tanks out there. The company has quietly become one of the top manufacturers in the vaping industry. They have started making pod-based devices using the very popular Aegis line in the design which is a nice move. I have loved the ruggedness and solid performance of the Aegis devices. I recently reviewed the Aegis pod, which I found to be one of the best pod systems on the market. So let’s see if the new Aegis Boost Plus can live up to the expectations.
Price: £ 29.99 (Buy Now at NewVaping) Use Code: BOOSTPLUS
Colors: Aura Glow, Almighty Blue, Space Black, Devil Red, Gunmetal, Classic Silver
GeekVape Aegis Boost Plus Pod Mod Specifications
- Output power：5 - 40W
- Input voltage：3.2 - 4.25V
- Output voltage：0.1 - 6.5V
- Minimum voltage：3.3V ± 0.1V
- Resistance range：0.1Ω - 3.0Ω
- Longest output/vaping time：10s
- Temperature control：100℃ – 315℃ / 200℉ – 600℉
- Battery specification：18650(single battery)
- Charger voltage：Micro USB 5V/2A
- Display screen：0.96 inch(TFT Color screen)
- Pod Capacity：5.5ml
- Shell material：Plastic + silicone + Leather+ Zine alloy
GeekVape Aegis Boost Plus Pod Mod Package Contents
- 1 x Aegis Boost Plus ( Pre-installed: G.Coil Boost Formula (Mesh) Coil 0.4Ω 25-33W, 5.5ml )
- 1 x G.Coil Boost Formula (Mesh) Coil 0.6Ω 15-25W
- 1 x Drip tip
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x User manual
- 1 x Promotion card & warranty card
Build Quality and Design of GeekVape Aegis Boost Plus
When I first got the GeekVape Aegis Boost Plus, it was pretty much just what I had expected. It is a little bit bigger than the original Boost and looks like a standard Aegis Mod. Measuring in 49.5 x 28.6 x 114.2mm, it is not too big or bulky. The Boost Plus has a solid zine alloy chassis, a soft-touch silicone coating, and a comfortable leather backing. It feels good in the hand and looks premium with its rounded rectangular shape and rubberized finish. Same as the rest of the Aegis line, the Boost Plus is rugged and IP67 rated for dust-proof and water-proof. The Boost Plus is available in 6 colors and features the standard Aegis color frame accent. The overall build quality is top-notch. If you haven’t used an Aegis product before, you are missing out quite a bit.
The significant change to this one is the battery configuration. The Boost Plus has a big threaded screw battery cap on the bottom that works great and helps with the waterproof. You need to push it as you screw. The threads are nice and smooth. I was pretty impressed with it from the start. The micro-USB port covered by a rubber plug sits on one side of the device. But I recommend you to use an external charger to charge your battery.
On the front of the Aegis Boost Plus, we have a trigger style fire button and two adjustment buttons that have a very nice click feel. The upgraded 0.96-inch TFT screen displays important vaping information. The adjustable airflow control is on the front of the device. It features an innovative dial design and is easy to adjust. It is a well built and good-looking pod mod. There are no scuffs, scratches, or rattle during testing. It is very durable and sturdy with rough handing.
GeekVape Aegis Boost Plus Pod Cartridge
The kit only comes with one refillable pod. Separate pods are also available to purchase. The pod clicks into the mod via a push button. It is large, more in length than in height. The pod holds 5.5ml e-liquid and uses a replaceable drip tip. The pre-installed wide-bore drip tip is perfect for DL vape. The kit also comes with a round one for MTL vape. Both sit firmly on the pod without move and are pretty comfortable. There is an adjustable airflow dial on the pod that allows from a relatively tight DL vape to a solid MTL draw.
The filling port with a rubber plug is on the top of the pod, so you don’t need to take out the pod to refill. The juice window is dark-tinted but clear. I can easily view the juice level in any bright place. The pod uses a simple push-fit manner. The coil information is printed on the bottom, which is easy to see. It's a little matter but provides notable convenience.
How to Fill the GeekVape Aegis Boost Plus:
- Remove the rubber plug to reveal the filling port
- The fill hole is large enough for most of the bottles
- Add your favorite e-liquid
- Wait at least 5min to get the coil fully saturated
How to Replace the Aegis Boost Plus G Coil:
- Remove the pod from the mod
- Empty the pod
- Remove the old coil with your fingernails or using a coil-removal tool
- Add a few drops of e-liquid onto the new coil
- Insert the new coil into the pod
- Put the pod onto the mod
Using the GeekVape Aegis Boost Plus
Using the Aegis Boost Plus is pretty simple. The screen with a straightforward UI interface displays the vaping information. Across the top is the mode - VW, TC-SS, TC- TCR, VPC, Bypass. Below is an intuitive battery level indicator, which is divided into 6 parts. It also displays basic information like wattage, resistance, current, voltage, and puff counter.
Five clicks of the fire button to turn on or off. Three clicks of the fire button to highlight the modes and allow you to scroll back and forth between different modes. Hold the Plus and Minus buttons at the same time to lock or unlock the device.
When you reach your selected mode, click the fire button to accept. After your mode is highlighted, you can use the adjustment buttons to adjust. Changing the temperature in temp control mode, or the wattage in power mode can be done at any time by pressing adjustment buttons.
Quick Start Guide of GeekVape Aegis Boost Plus:
- 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on or turn off the device
- Use the Plus and Minus buttons to adjust power output
- Press the Plus and Minus buttons at the same time to lock or unlock the device
- Press the fire button and two adjustment buttons simultaneously to enter into Stealth mode
- Press the fire button 3 times to enter the Settings
- Long press the fire button to exit Settings
- Use the Plus and Minus button to change mode (Power, TC-NI, TC-SS, TC-TI, TC-TCR, VPC, Bypass)
GeekVape Aegis Boost Plus Review
To round things off, I would say that the GeekVape Aegis Boost Plus is a great all-rounder kit. It delivers everything you expect from an AIO Pod Mod system. It produces some nice flavor both a DTL and MTL experience and the Aegis mod packs a nice punch as well. The battery life is much longer than the original Aegis Boost. The fully adjustable airflow control wheel is easy to use. The two Boost G coils work well and provide a decent sized cloud and a nice prominent flavor that floods the mouth. You cannot expect any more from a middle-wattage device. The performance is impressive, I have nothing to complain about.
The Boost Plus packs with more features compared to its predecessor. For me, it is a full-blown device for sub-ohm vaping. With the added bonus that the device is IP67 waterproof, dust-proof, and shockproof, the GeekVape Aegis Boost Plus wins first place for Best Pod Mod in 2020 so far. It’s versatile, if you are looking for a 40W TC kit, the Boost Plus is perfect. How do you think it compares to the original GeekVape Boost though? Let us know in the comments below.
Pros and Cons of GeekVape Aegis Boost Plus:
- Good build quality
- Shockproof, dustproof and waterproof
- Ergonomic shape with comfortable hand feel
- Full features and modes
- Comes with temperature control
- 5.5ml large juice capacity
- Easy to view the juice level
- Fully adjustable airflow control
- Comes with two replaceable drip tip
- Great DTL experience
- Easy top-filling design
- Clear and easy to read TFT screen
- Clicky buttons
- Driven by a single 18650 battery
- Hard to remove the coil from the pod