CWU members are taking national strike action on 14, 15, 23 and 24 December 2022. We’re sorry for the disruption that is likely to cause you.
See details here.
Royal Mail Services during Industrial Action
National strike action dates formally notified by the CWU
The CWU has formally notified Royal Mail they plan to call on their members who collect, sort and deliver parcels and letters to take national strike action on Wednesday 14 December, Thursday 15 December, Friday 23 December and Saturday 24 December 2022.
We apologise to our customers for the inconvenience the CWU's continued strike action will cause.
On days when national strike action is taking place:
- Royal Mail will deliver as many Special Delivery and Tracked 24 parcels as possible;
- Royal Mail will prioritise the delivery of COVID test kits and medical prescriptions wherever possible;
- Royal Mail will not be delivering letters (with the exception of Special Delivery) or Door to Door mail;
Royal Mail will not be accepting customer handovers of Door to Door contracts at our Walk Bundling Centres;
What you can do:
- Post your items as early as possible in advance of the strike dates ;
- Continue to post your items at Postboxes or Post Offices, however collections will be less frequent on days when strike action is taking place;
Meanwhile, we also recommend our customers to use other delivery services such as DPD and DHL during national strike action
Brief introduction to DPD Local Service (UK Mainland only, Northern Ireland unavailable)
- Delivery time: 1-2 working days;
- The delivery time may delay under some exceptional cases;
- Working hour: Monday to Friday, except for Christmas, Boxing Day, and Bank Holiday;
- Offer the GPS map and parcel photo during the delivery time;
- £10 if the order is lower than £50;
- £7.99 if the order is between £50-£79.99;
- £3.99 if the order is between £80-£149.99;
- Free - if the order is over £150;
Brief introduction to DHL Local Service (UK Mainland only, Northern Ireland unavailable)
- Delivery time: 1-2 working days
- The delivery time may delay under some exceptional cases
- Working hour: Monday to Friday, except for Christmas, Boxing Day, and Bank Holiday
- Offer the GPS map and parcel photo during the delivery time
- Charge £10 if the order is lower than £50
- Charge £7.99 if the order is between £50-£79.99
- Charge £3.99 if the order is between £80-£149.99
- Free - if the order is over £150
For more detailed shipping information, please click here.