Author: Alisa Yin / Category: Review / Published: Jan-19-2020
The SMOK TFV16 Tank is the latest and greatest vape tank from SMOK, featuring their biggest diameter and largest juice capacity. Measuring at 64.5mm tall and 28mm in diameter with 2 brand new mesh coils, the cloud-kicking TFV16 Sub-Ohm Tank is ideal for high wattage sub-ohm vaping. The largest capacity and diameter truly and royally mark the return of the king.
The dual slotted airflow control enlarges the airflow chamber and the inlet size to 14mm by 2.6mm for massive cloud production. The plug 'n' play style makes the coil replacement a breeze. The sealed top-fill design prevents leakage and makes the top of the tank look mess-free and clean. But is it worthy of the crown and truly be the return of the king as SMOK claim? Let’s find out from the following SMOK TFV16 Tank Review!
Price: £ 21.99 (at NewVaping) - TPD Edition
Color: Black, Blue, Gold, Rainbow, Red, Stainless Steel
SMOK TFV16 Tank Specifications
- Base Diameter: 28mm
- Dimensions: 32 X 64.5mm
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Weight: 94g
- Capacity: 9ml (Standard Edition)/ 2ml (TPD edition)
- Threads: 510
- 0.17ohm TFV16 Single Mesh Coil - rated for 120W
- 0.12ohm TFV16 Dual Mesh Coil - rated for 120W
- 0.15ohm TFV16 Triple Mesh Coil - rated for 90W
- 0.2ohm TFV16 Conical Mesh Coil - rated for 60 - 85W
SMOK TFV16 Tank Contents
- 1 x SMOK TFV16 Sub-Ohm Tank
- 1 x 0.17ohm TFV16 Single Mesh Coil - rated for 120W
- 1 x 0.12ohm TFV16 Dual Mesh Coil - rated for 120W
- 1 x Protective Glass Bulb Sleeve
- 1 x Replacement Glass
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Spare Parts
Build Quality and Design of SMOK TFV16 Tank
The SMOK TFV16 Tank combining power, charm and the design of the very popular SMOK TFV series will impress you with its new bright spots. The TFV16 made of stainless steel measures at 32 X 64.5mm and weighs 94 grams is solid and durable, which weighs more than almost any pod system on the market. The upgraded bulb pyrex glass tube featuring the 9ml largest juice capacity to ensure sustaining vape enjoyment without adding the e-liquid frequently. Compared to its predecessor the SMOK TFV12 Prince, the TFV16 is shorter, a little wider and only 3.5g heavier.
The SMOK TFV16 feels smooth and hefty. The cap opening and the glass untwisting are extremely satisfying due to the decent tolerances, fit and finish. There are no machining marks or scuffs. The sealed top-fill feels durable and locks with a slight push. It allows a little bit of pressure to open, avoiding the accidental push of the button. The paint finish with brushed stainless steel effect is attractive. And you will get a sleeve style resin drip tip that cannot fit your regular 810 or 510 drip tips.
Improvements of SMOK TFV16 Tank
The SMOK TFV16 has greatly improved its e-liquid capacity, an increase of 50 percent and equipped with a new series of hard-hitting coils. The TFV16 Tank base is increased and higher than other tanks, which improves the upcoming airflow for huge vapor production and flavorful taste. The two symmetrical airflow slots have been widened with a dimension of 14mm by 2.6mm to help produce more vapor and richer flavor. If you don’t like the warmer hits, the airflow can be completely closed.
How To Fill the SMOK TFV16 Tank:
- Press the button and open the top cap anticlockwise
- Fill the TFV16 Tank with your favorite e-liquid through the kidney-shaped filling port
- Close the top cap firmly and make it lock into place
SMOK TFV16 Tank Coil
There are four coils currently available for the SMOK TFV16 Tank - TFV16 Mesh Coil, TFV16 Dual Mesh Coil, TFV16 Triple Mesh Coil, and TFV16 Conical Mesh Coil. Two of them are included in the box. The TFV16 Triple Mesh coil and the TFV16 Conical Mesh Coil are sold separately. They are massive, long-lasting coils that can generate an incredible amount of vapor. All of the TFV16 replacement coils feature a brand new Nickel-chrome mesh honeycomb structure providing the faster heating speed and larger coverage surface. The vape juice can be fully heated through the small and stable hexagon hole for more exquisite vaporization and pure flavor.
The 0.17ohm mesh coil (pre-installed) features the enlarged heating area and more stable heating elements for excellent flavor and pure taste. The 0.12ohm dual mesh coil with two mesh holes brings you the more massive cloud production and richer flavor. The 0.15ohm triple mesh coil with 3 separate mesh holes features the wider heating area for faster heating speed. The 0.2ohm Conical Mesh Coil with unique conical structure brings you the powerful and warm throat hit.
Attention: Please make sure to get the cotton fully saturated, when using the SMOK TFV16 Tank for the first time.
How to Replace The SMOK TFV16 Coil:
- Unscrew the base then remove the expired coil
- Install the new coil into the base and prime with a few drops of e-juice
- Screw the tank back and fill it with e-juice
- Leave the tank stand for 5min to make the cotton fully saturated
SMOK TFV16 Tank Review
SMOK TFV16 Mesh Tank is a powerful atomizer for maximum vaping enjoyment. It comes with two mesh coils for optimal flavor and maximum vapor. Featuring the huge bulb pyrex glass tube, the SMOK TFV16 Tank enlarges its maximum juice capacity to an incomparable 9ml. The top filling and adjustable dual slotted bottom airflow bring you the superb vaping experience. The sturdy top cap with an innovative locking system effectively helps to eliminate accidental leakage. Overall, I will absolutely recommend the SMOK TFV16 Tank. If you are looking for a tank for a flavorful and huge cloud, this tank is great for you. But keep in mind, the vape juice will go through really fast!
Pros and Cons of the SMOK TFV16 Tank:
- Enhanced 9ml e-liquid capacity
- Improved airflow system for intense flavor and massive cloud
- Advanced mesh coil system with faster heating speed and coverage
- Sturdy and hefty stainless steel material
- Various tank colors with beautiful paint finish
- Ergonomic resin drip tip with several patterns available
- Top cap with locking design to avoid leaking
- 28mm size will overhang on some mods
- Sleeve style resin drip tip cannot fit your regular 810 or 510 drip tips
- It’s much heavy than a normal tank