Author: Alisa Yin / Category: Review / Published: Feb-05-2020
Uwell is the company best known for its larger vape devices, such as sub-ohm tanks and box mods. The Uwell Caliburn is the first pod system by Uwell. The Caliburn is compact and ultra-portable, which is shaped like a Juul or a cigar. It combines a 2ml e-liquid capacity pod with a 520mAh built-in battery. The refillable pod is pre-installed with a 1.4-ohm coil and features a top filling design. The coil inside the cartridge features a stainless steel wire in a parallel build. The Caliburn has a dual firing system, you can choose between draw-activation or manual firing. It can fire up to 11W. The pod and the battery are connected by a magnetic connection. The body of the Uwell Caliburn Kit is made of lightweight and solid aluminum alloy with plastic elements. The micro USB port allows for quick charging.
Price: £ 16.99 (at NewVaping)
Color: Black, Blue, Pink, Red, Iris Purple, Grey
Uwell Caliburn Specifications
- Dimensions - 110 x 21.2 x 11.6 mm
- 520 mAh rechargeable battery
- Wattage output range: 11 W
- Voltage output range: 3.2-4.0 V
- Direct voltage-based output
- Resistance range: 1.2 - 1.5 ohm
- Dual firing mechanism - draw activated or button activated
- Aluminum-alloy chassis construction
- LED battery life indicator light
- Side mounted airflow holes on each side
- 2 mL capacity juice pods
- 1.4-ohm pod coil resistance
- Pro-FOCS flavor technology
- Top fill system - drip tip doubles as fill port cover
- 3.5 mm fill port - dual ports
- Minimum fill line on pod
- Proprietary gold-plated magnetic snap-in connection
- Draw-activated mechanism fault diagnosis
- Short-circuit protection
- Low power alert
- 10-second cut-off protection
Uwell Caliburn Package Contents
- 1 x Uwell Caliburn pod system
- 1 x Extra Caliburn pod cartridge
- 1 x Micro USB cable
- 1 x User manual
Build Quality and Design of Uwell Caliburn Pod System
The Uwell Caliburn has a really simple design. It is measured at 110mm x 21.2mm x 11.6mm, which is larger than a Juul, taller than a SMOK Nord but slimmer. The Caliburn is well-constructed by aluminum alloy, and only weighs 34 grams with a pod. You can easily put it in your pocket and take it anywhere. The body design is very straightforward and the operation is very simple for a beginner. There is a single button on the front of the battery, along with a small LED light to show the battery life.
The single button turns on the Caliburn and enables the auto-draw system. If there is a problem with the auto-draw system, the smart chip inside the battery will automatically change to a manual draw system. The USB port at the base of the Caliburn battery features 1A quick charge. You can fully charge the 520mAh internal battery in half an hour. The Uwell Caliburn has a removable drip tip, which hides the top-filling method of the system. The fill ports are wide and can accommodate most of the bottles without leaking. The clear and transparent pod allows you to view the e-liquid level. The coil head made of stainless steel wire and organic cotton in a parallel build is inside the 2ml pod cartridge, which brings you a huge and flavorful cloud.
Uwell Caliburn Pod Cartridge
The Uwell Caliburn Pod is well crafted and essentially a plastic shell with a stainless steel coil. It can hold up to 2ml maximum e-liquid. The airflow goes through the two holes on the sides and flows from the bottom. The gold-plated magnet connects the battery with the pod, which is very strong and safe. But there is still a little gap when you drop them in. The drip tip is removable and comfortable. It is also used as a plug for the top fill ports.
The Uwell Caliburn Pod is disposable, the coil cannot be changed or replaced. The pod life depends on how strong and how often you use. The coil is suitable for all types of e-liquids including the high VG e-juice, which will produce more vapor and offer excellent flavor. You can also use it with nic salt e-liquid with an above-ohm coil to satisfy your nicotine carving quickly.
Uwell Caliburn Operation and Performance
The Uwell Caliburn provides the great restrictive lung hit but not super tight, which is between DTL and MTL. The flavor and vapor are satisfying. The throat hit is smoother due to its advanced airflow system. The vapor production is huge and impressive for a pod system. The coil heats up fast and creates a massive and warm cloud, which is flavorful and appropriate. There are no leaking, gurgling, popping, burnt hits or spit back. The design of the Uwell Caliburn is simple and there is a little you need to know before getting started with your Caliburn.
- Fully charge the battery via the USB cable
- Fill the pod with your favorite e-liquid. The fill ports are wide that will not lead to spillage or an overall mess
- Connect the cartridge with the battery, press the fire button five times to turn on the device
- The Uwell Caliburn will automatically switch to the manual draw if the auto-draw is stopped
Uwell Caliburn Pod System Battery
The Uwell Caliburn has a 520mAh built-in battery, which can fire up to 11W. You will get an entire day vape with moderate use. Press the button five times to turn on or turn off the battery. You can view the battery life by pressing the button.
- Green light – battery over 60%
- Blue light– battery within 30 - 60%
- Red light – battery below 30%
The Uwell Caliburn only takes half an hour to charge with the included USB cable. It also features a pass-thru charging function.
Uwell Caliburn Pod System Review
Uwell Caliburn is a well-crafted pod system with excellent flavor and a great coil lifespan. The design is simple and straightforward. Uwell replaced the ordinary coil type with a real coil head for better flavor and vapor quality. The disposable pod is easy to refill and features great coil longevity. It can use all types of e-liquids. The Caliburn battery features 1A fast charging speed and supports pass-through charging. You will enjoy an entire vape.
The Uwell Caliburn Pod System actually has already been favored by many reviewers. If you are looking for your first vape or a refillable pod kit to use with nic salt, I will highly recommend you to try the Uwell Caliburn Pod System. It is one of the best refillable pod systems available on the market.
Pros and Cons of Uwell Caliburn Pod System:
- Compact and simple design, easy to operate
- Lightweight and slim, easy to carry
- Draw activated or button activated
- Warm and flavorful vape
- The coil heats up fast
- 1A fast charging, support pass-through charging
- 520mAh battery capacity can last a day
- Dense vapor production for a pod system
- great restrictive lung draw
- Works well with regular and nicotine salts e-liquid
- The coil is not replaceable
- Not a true MTL draw
- The coil options are limited